Monday, March 13, 2017

Testing, testing....

I've been testing a new pattern for Allison who blogs 


Quirky name, hey?


This pattern has everything...

curved piecing, lots of HSTs and even applique!


The blocks finish at a large 24" square.

 I was never going to make a whole quilt but love 

the simple graphic nature of this block....




 so I have hand quilted it...


to make a pretty table topper!

I love the gingham and the stitching on white fabric- 

so crisp and Spring-like!



All I need now is a bunch of tulips, but they will have 

to wait a few months here!


I don't even have autumn leaves to show you!


This David Hockney picture, from the recent

 exhibition here in Melbourne, seems to fit the bill!


The pattern is due to be released this week if you 

want to grab a copy of yourself!

Happy sewing!

SUZ


8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's beautiful Susan!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Allison definitely chose the right quilter to test her block. It's a great pattern to showcase your skills. And I'm partial to gingham and and the color green; it's just perfect for your table topper. I'll be putting this on my Pinterest board.

FlourishingPalms said...

Really a nice design, and you've picked beautiful colors for it. I agree that the design is nicely graphic - simple, which is how I like them. Your hand quilting is just gorgeous! Such neat, even stitches. I can tell you've done that a lot! Just lovely, all around.

Sandra said...

Oh, that's wonderful that you were testing for Allison. She makes awesome quilts, I love her work! Your testing piece is so beautiful, I love your fabrics and of course the hand stitching. It still sounds strange to me that in your part of the world autumn is near whereas the tulips start blooming in our part :-)

Julie Fukuda said...

Lovely finish... and such a pretty settng.

Julie said...

Love your handquilting - this turned out really well.

Karen S said...

Love the block and your work has finished it off very nicely.
That's a fun idea to test some blocks.
And it does look good as a whole quilt.

OPQuilt said...

I have seen this all over IG and absolutely love it! But yours takes the cake with all that perfect stitching/quilting around the edges. So beautiful, Susan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...