Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Three for Three!

I have been a part of MCM Bee for the last three 

years,

but it's time to move on.


But I thought it was important to acknowledge the wonderful friendships, albeit long distance ones, that were created along the way!


My first quilt in 2013 was "Birds of A Feather"


The lesson learned was that everyone's printer 

works 

differently, giving a variety of paper pieced feathers.


This one certainly made me think about, and play 

with the layout!



 My 2014 quilt, only finished earlier this year because 

hand quilted it...


was my "Rainbow Connection".


I hope one day to have a wall big enough to hang 

this on, and so remember all my bee buddies,

 everyday!



And the last finish was my "Stepping into Christmas"

table runner!


So, three quilts in three years!

Thanks ladies, I have had a ball!

Happy Christmas everyone!

SUZ 

14 comments:

Carla said...

I'll miss sending you blocks! I enjoyed the familiar 'faces' behind our blocks each month, looking forward to seeing what you do in 2016

Sandra said...

You made wonderful quilts with the help of your bee mates! All quilts are gorgeous but my favorite is the feathers quilt - I love the fabrics, colors and the layout!

Debbie said...

awww. Such beautiful projects! I'm pleased I was able to 'bee' with you for 2 of those years!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love the layout of your feathers! 3 fabulous quilts!

Melissa P said...

Happy Christmas! I can't wait to see what you work on in the coming year--finished and not.

Michelle said...

They are all so beautiful! I'm so glad I played a small part in your table runner :-)))
Merry Christmas!
Michelle

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

All three are lovely finishes but I particularly like how you put the feathers together. Really pretty

Karen S said...

You sure have had shown challenges when making these quilts but the end results are stunning!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Three great projects in three years and lots of friends – can't beat that!

Rachaeldaisy said...

The results of your years in the bee are outstanding. I love that the 3 quilts are so different from each other. Wishing you a very merry Christmas Suz, may it be full of family fun and laughter.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love seeing all three quilts together. They are all lovely nice finishes. Whenever I see those feathers I want to make one too . . . I'm thinking a giant feather. Maybe 2016 will be the year. I know I will miss you being a part of MCM in 2016. Hope it's good year for you. Merry Merry Christmas.

Live a Colorful Life said...

We are all going to miss you being part of the bee. Your quilts are simply beautiful and I'm so happy to be a part of each of those quilts. Thanks for your friendship along the way. This isn't the end. :)

OPQuilt said...

This is a lovely wrap-up to your time in MCM bee, a fitting closure to an experience that has come to an end. I am so in love with your feathered star in the Rainbow Connection, as well as your own block of the small-to-large triangles. We'll miss you in this one, but I'm happy to be with you in Four-in-Art the Spelling Bee. Create on!

Saija said...

I' m working with feather quilt too. It' s almost ready! Yours is lovely!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...