Monday, February 28, 2011

Productive!

Sunday dawned grey and wet in Melbourne....

What better opportunity to get stuck into all that sewing on my list!

First up, I finished the pinnie for the Scrappy Pincushion Swap on Flick'r.


So these pieces were sewn together, just don't ask to see the inside which is a mass of threads, ends and hand stitching to close up some holes!


And here it is in all 'puffed-stuffed' glory!

It is a little on the wonky side but I didn't notice that until it was finished!


But I am happy with it overall!


Here's the other side......

That right hand corner is the one that bothers me!

But I think I'm just going to live with it....

Hopefully the receiver overlooks its imperfections and loves it anyway!


Hope you don't mind all the photos!

I was experimenting with the way I photographed my work, using some hints from Jodi at Pleasant Home.

And, I must admit, they do look more clean with the sheets of white paper I used in the background.

I also basted my doll quilt and finished one other project which I'll share next time!

Happy sewing!

SUZ





8 comments:

Jan Maree said...

cute pin cushion and great photos!

Núria de Capseta de Música said...

So sweet Suz!

BubzRugz said...

The pincushions is great and the photo's - I am trying to take in the hints from there too... not with as much success though!
Hugz

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Very productive! Looks like the list is working!

Barb said...

That is so adorable!!!

Mary said...

Just adorable! I love pin cushions - so sweet and your pictures do look fantastic!

Marie said...

Love the pincushion. I'm going to try the 'white paper background' on my photos - looks so clean and the colors pop out.

Hugs - Marie

Anonymous said...

I came over her after you commented on my blog and I love this pin cushion. I'm a real sucker for red work and I love what you've done--especially the row of hand stitching.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...