Wednesday, December 29, 2010

See you in 2011!

Now that the year is rapidly coming to an end, it is time to make plans for 2011.

After reviewing my completed tasks for this year (see previous post) I decided I needed to use a bit more 

green-


I picked up this bunch of scraps (and a few other smaller pieces) from my LQS for $3.00.

I love the green apples!

So it's already been used in this project-


This makes block No. 6, to be included in my plans for a quilt.

It will be added to my other blocks, 3 of which I received from the Embroider Bee earlier in the year.



So that's one quilt on my 2011 list.

I have had these fabrics for most of this year-

And a plan has almost been decided upon.

I want to cut the Eiffel Tower fabric into large pieces to make a feature of it.


And I love the color palette- 

Definitely green here!

And I have other plans too-

Little projects like a zipper purse, new cushions for my bed and a laptop sleeve for my new Macbook!

Oh- this need to be completed too!


I have already bought fabric to add to my stash and for some future projects, at the Clegg's remnant sale

the other day-

(TOP- "Essentials" by XLN and "Paradise Garden" by Amy Butler BELOW)
Nothing too exciting but still fun!

This is a 3/4 yard piece of decorator weight Kaffe Fassett "Lotus Leaf"which might become a bag or the 

laptop sleeve?


And these 8 little pieces of Italian silk, each about 6" X 16" cost me less than $8.00!

They are wonderful and soft- I love just touching them!


I am thinking of making a scarf, possibly for the Scarf Festival which I entered for the first time last year.

I'd love to hear what your plans are for 2011-

Enjoy your day!

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

SUZ

4 comments:

Janet said...

I hope you do finish the mariners compass, it's a beauty and so are the fabrics, gotta love green.

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Happy New Year Suz!

It's finally stopped raining here! thank heavens!... although it's been great sewing weather:-)

Chat to you in 2011!

Leanne said...

ooooh I'm liking that green it is my favorite colour. Lots of nice project in front of you looking forward to see the completed projects.

Rafael's Mum said...

Happy New Year to you too Suz. You have quite a lot to be getting on with! Best of luck.. we'll be following along as you tick them off one by one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...