Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Together!

  A HAPPY MARRIAGE-       


Of Patchwork and Embroidery!

The embroidered doiley is an old one I had lying around just waiting to be used in another life!


I saw this idea on a blog somewhere, sometime ago!

(If anyone out there can point me to where, I would be most grateful.)

But in the meantime, this is one idea I had of combining the two techniques.  

Simply 3 1/2 " squares-

                    
Pieced!

This will become a cushion cover for a friend.

The colours are quite dark and traditional but that's the way she likes it!

A bit of a vintage feel to it, I think.

Pinned!

Quilted!


And completed as a pillow!



Do you think my friend will like it?

I hope so!

I will let you know when I give it to her in a month or so!

Have a happy day!

SUZ

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Very nice work. Simple pattern yet somehow unexpected. I like it and I'm sure your friend will, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...